Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mother's Day

Since tomorrow is Father's Day (in case you forgot, you can still run to the store today to pick up a card), I have declared today Mother's Day. Why? Because after having my own child, I realized everyday should be Mother's Day...or at least Parent's Day.

Actually, this post has to with my mom (and dad), not me. More on dad tomorrow. My son loves my mom and my mom is the reason I have made it through motherhood thus far (18 months down...18 years to go). She is so generous and giving and helpful in so many ways, not the least of which is regularly taking my son to her house to stay so that I can have a moment of sanity and today, photograph a wedding.

Thank you mom for all you do! (Thank you dad too!)




p.s. Don't ask what's up with my son's crazy hair. It's not that we don't want to cut it, but it is such an ordeal when we try to take him to the barber that we might let him grow it and put it in a ponytail.

No comments: