Monday, March 10, 2008

Part 2: Legoland

I loved playing with legos as a kid. Who knew they could make a whole theme park around those peggy little plastic pieces?
There was a fountain with muscial instruments and around the fountain there were pressure sensors. As people stepped on them, the instruments would play music and water would shoot out of them. Too bad it wasn't outside the park, as we could have saved a bunch of money on tickets and just let my son run around it all day like he did inside the park. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it! I guess we'll have to go back someday.
The first ride of the day. My son didn't dig the line (even though it was very short) and it was melt down number 1 when he had to get off the ride!
See the giraffes and the monkey?
Two other monkeys!
Ride #2 also was also a big hit...until they had to stop and get off.

If you ever see this duo in open waters...quickly get to dry land! Dear husband, those are NOT bumper boats!
The helicopters were also a BIG hit!





Who is having more fun here?

Look at those lips. My son makes the best train sounds!

They have great non-ride activities for little (and big) kids.




Every family trip to California so far, we seem to find a shark head photo op.

This pressure activated fountain was also fun, until my son backed up and got his diaper all soggy.

And they have a lot of cool things made out of legos.

A life-sized, lego version of my dream car.

Darth Vader and my handsome Jedi.

My son's idol...Thomas the Tank Engine.

A replica of me! I had the exact same shirt on that day.

Maybe this looks a little more like me ;-)

A look-alike of my honey!

How we all felt at the end of the day. Can you tell which one is made of legos?

There's more to come! Aren't you on the edge of your seats?

3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

I've been slacking off on my blog-stalking, lol! Looks like you're having a GREAT time! Can't wait to see more.

ideagirl said...

I went to Legoland once...and it was fantastic! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Nicole said...

That looks like such a fun place!