Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Toy....I mean, tool!

I have wanted to try using more off camera flash for a while now. I am able to use the master/slave function on my Canon Speedlight flashes, but they are limited as the two flashes need to be able to "see" each other and that doesn't always work for the types of shots I am going for.

I have had pocket wizards sitting in my B&H shopping cart for almost a year now, but manually setting flashes is not something I am proficient at. Everyone tells me it is not that hard, but I just have been hesitant. Then I heard about Radio Poppers, which would allow me to use ETTL functions on my gear but the units don't require "line of sight" to communicate with each other. They were originally supposed to be out in February, so I decided to hold off on the Pocket Wizards, but like most new products, production was delayed and I was getting antsy. They still have a few more weeks to go, but I was able to place a pre-order and I am soooo excited to play with them.

2 comments:

TwoRing said...

Yes! I'm so desperate to be a "strobist" too! I crave the work of greats like "The Image Is Found" photography. It's so fun to keep taking your photos to a new level. Don't we have the best job?! If you even want to call it that!

Lisa Walsh said...

I'm LOL because I just posted about my new toys...PocketWizards! I couldn't wait any longer.

Hope you enjoy them!