Sunday, September 9, 2007

Amy + Shawn

Amy and Shawn are such an adorable couple and I can't wait to share their wedding day with them next summer. We had fun (at least I did) roaming around town to some familiar spots and some new spots for me. Amy and Shawn made quite a trek to do the session and I really appreciated their willingness to try some different stuff. I think it paid off!

I always feel a little bad for the guys at these sessions. I can almost feel the "are we done yet"! Shawn was a trooper although I had to laugh when he told me to walk back to the car with my eyes closed so I wouldn't find anything else and say, "Let's try one more thing over here!"

Here's your sneak peek guys! I hope you enjoy them.

I love this shot. I know most people think that engagement photographs should have two people's faces in them, but I love the sense of togetherness in this shot even though you can't see Shawn's face.



Maybe I read too much into things but I think this is such a perfect engagement photo. The silhouette in stark contrast to the bright sun that kind of joins them together, the converging street lines drawing your eyes to them as a couple and more of a fluke than anything, the two green lights on either side of them as if this couple is ready to go forward together. (Okay, maybe I need more sleep, but that is what I see.)


No, Shawn is not a professional basketball player or Olympic gymnast, but man can he jump!


A few that their parents can put in frames.


I don't know what he whispered in her ear but it got her to smile just like I wanted!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG this session is AWESOME! You've got some amazing work... but I think this is by FAR YOUR BEST. I looove it!! I want to see more!

Lisa Walsh said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!

I LOVE the first image! That was my first thought when the page loaded. She has such a wonderful look on her face. Nice job capturing the emotion. That flair shot ROCKS!!! Very, very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely liked the sun/street/green lights shot.Ya, I would read into something like that too!The romantic in some of us!And I love the shot of him whispering in her ear. Great job Jen!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! These pictures are just amazing and they look like an amazing couple as well!!