Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sprinkler

My son got his first run through the sprinkler this past week...with none other than Elmo (aka "la la") as the sprinkler and my husband, the big kid at heart, as his partner in crime.

Of course the first step was plenty of sunscreen (which he tasted).

He had to help position "la la" just right.

Then survey the situation.

He wasn't too sure about the whole thing at first. Here's his expression after the first encounter with the sprinkler.

..but of course, when dad picked him up and carried him through, everything was much better.


Can you tell who his favorite person in the world is?

Then, there's his feelings towards his mom, especially when I try to take his picture. I think the face says it all.

Then, just like the pancake incident, I didn't learn my lesson and went in for another close-up on a kid with wet hands...(note the finger).

Then he was done...and wanted "down" (which means up to him) all soggy wet. How could I turn down this face?

or this cute little belly?

2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Awww, how cute! Looks like he and Dad had a great time. Love the second-to-last picture!

Happy belated Anniversary, too!

Jen said...

Thanks Lisa! That picture is my favorite too.