Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shauna + Chris

When Shauna contacted me about her wedding last year, I was really bummed that I couldn't offer her my services. I was super excited when she contacted me again asking me if I would be up for a bridal session. Ummmm....YEAH! I have really been wanting to do one of these and if I could make a living off of these alone, I just might. When she sent me the link to a picture a her dress...I about feel off my chair. If I wasn't excited enough before, I could barely stand it after seeing the gorgeous dress. As their wedding got closer we touched base again and although we both really wanted to do the session, their tight schedule in Michigan before they returned back to Utah and my insanely-busy-schedule-for-me almost had me thinking it wouldn't happen. Fortunately, Shauna and Chris were kind enough to drive over to Lansing so we could still do the session.


We sure did get some odd looks and funny remarks from downtown Lansing's finest, but it was so much fun dragging this hot couple into an alley and have someone look at you like..."Do you know you are taking a gorgeous bride and groom into a stinky alley?" YEP!! Would you like my business card?


I love photographing weddings, but there is a lot of pressure to "get it right...the first and only time" and something like this allows me to relax a little more and let the little tiny creative side of me come out.

So...Shauna and Chris, I hope I made it worth your while to make the trip over today before you have a VERY long drive back to Utah. Thank you for trusting my creativity and for the opportunity to do something I have been wanting to do for a while.

Who's next???

Since they are the first couple to do this type of session with me...they get an extra long post.


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG Bee-U-Tee-FUL! HAHA!

These are gorgeous. Great job!

Oh.. and posting big on your blog:
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to.html

I got your email today. I haven't had a chance to write you a good email back. I will, I promise! And yes, let's get together for a playdate soon!

Jen said...

Okay, seriously Nicole....do you know how funny it is that the link you posted was this couple's engagement and wedding photographer?!

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots! Like something out of a fashion mag! Love the red shoes and what a dress! I'm always favoring the black and whites, but love the one of the two of them against the glass block wall- could be any metropolitan getaway place- so chic!! Sweet!
Nicky

abbyrosephoto said...

holy cow!! GORGEOUS. what a dress!!

Lisa Walsh said...

A HOT couple, gorgeous dress, awesome shoes and great locations...amaaaazing!!! You really ROCKED this one, girl!

I seriously don't even offer these because Bride's are always so worried about getting the dress dirty before the wedding. How on Earth did you get her to sit down in it??!

TwoRing said...

These are rockin'! Spectacular job as always!
LOVED her dress!!!

Rebekah said...

Aaaahhh!! I LOVE these SO much! I shot their wedding and Shauna told me to come and see these awesome "rock the dress" shots.

Beautiful! Great light, poses, post-processing etc. VERY nice work.

And of COURSE beautiful Chris and Shauna! Aren't they SO hot?! And so stinkin' cool.

Love that couple!

Great work:)

-Rebekah Westover

Jen said...

Thanks ladies!

Lisa-The session was after the wedding ;-) We talked about doing it before, but understandably, the bride wasn't up for getting it as dirty as I would have wanted to get it.

Kerri Banyas said...

wow! I am speechless! These images make me want to cry they are so good!
Wonderful job!