Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

Let's see if I can make it through typing this without getting my keyboard all wet.

My dad means the world to me. A few words that come to mind when I think of him are: faithful, patient, loving, generous, understanding, strong, resourceful, intelligent, dedicated and funny. The thought of not having him around is unbearable. There is no way I will ever be able to thank him enough for all he has done for me as well as for our family.

I don't know why, but as a teenager, I didn't like the fact that anywhere we went, we always ran into someone who knew my dad (probably something to do with teens trying to get away with things without their parents...or anyone who knows their parents...finding out). But as I got a little older, it was something I came to admire. I know this will sound a little bold, but hey, it's my blog and its the truth...but if you don't know my dad, you are missing out.

Curious if I'm right? If you hang out at the 18th green of Sharp Park Golf Course, there is a good chance you can meet him...weekly ;-)

I love you dad with all of my heart. Thank you for being a the best dad, a wonderful father-in-law and the most amazing pappa we could ever ask for!

It amazes me that after dealing with me for 30 some odd years, you don't look like this everyday dad!




And if ever there was a child that loved his/her dad as much as I love mine, it would me my son's love for his dad.

Even photos can't quite capture the sheer joy and sparkle and amazement in the eyes of my son when he is around his dad. Observing their love for each other is one of the biggest joys of being a wife and mother to them.

I hope this slideshow shows him how much we both love him!

Click here to view the show!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Jen! That post brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful way to express your feelings! :) I love the slideshow you put together too!

That line about not liking the fact that everywhere you went as a teenager you ran into someone that you knew your dad made me chuckle. The same exact thing happened to me (and still does for that matter)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful Father's Day tribute. I love you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Not sure about you, but getting a comment on my blog from my Dad is pretty special.

I'm so glad to know your Dad. He's pretty incredible.