Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sometimes knowing is less than half the battle

My husband and I had a wonderful time today celebrating the marriage of Chip and Megan today. More on that later.

Here's what I know:

1. It is cold outside in Michigan.

2. Water freezes when it is as cold as it is in Michigan.

3. Steps with ice on them are very slippery.

4. Typical footwear worn to weddings does not have very much tread on the bottom of them.

5. Camera equipment is expensive.

6. People who slip on ice can fall and get hurt.

7. Camera equipment held by people who fall on ice can get hurt.

8. You should listen to your inner conscience.

9. If you photograph weddings, you should always carry back-up equipment in case the equipment gets hurt.


I ignored #1-8 today. Fortunately, I followed #9. Fortunately, the person who fell, is pretty much okay. From now on, I will think more carefully about #1-8.

Sad day for the gear pictured below.

1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

Last year I learned that cliffs in Maine get wet, wet rocks are slippery, and even with shoes with tread it's easy to slip and break camera equipment. I didn't do as much damage, though.

I'm really sorry to hear about it, but the pictures you posted are lovely! The "S" curve of her body in the second one is awesome.