Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just for fun!

I caved! I am always the last person to jump on the bandwagon it seems. Everyone, besides me pretty much, seems to be using textures in some of their post production work. Okay, not everyone, but a lot of people. I have tried to resist, but another photographer was kind enough to share some free textures so I had to give them a try. I thought these images might do well with them since the sky was very grey and lacked depth along with the white snow.

I am no expert and your comments are no reflection on the people in the images, but I am curious what you think. Place your vote in the poll located on the right side of the blog.

Here's a really subtle one.

And the original.

A more dramatic attempt.


The original.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I just downloaded those textures too! LOL! I like them. It gives them depth. The snow seems so... flat.. and I like what the texture adds to these pictures.

Anonymous said...

nice images and I agree the texture adds volume to the otherwise flat sky but my fear is that in ten years textures will be a dead giveaway as to a time period, not unlike the color prints of the 70's, timelessness is a greater goal in my opinion, go with your instincts.