Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Contest! - Free stuff!

Oh how I would love to keep my yearly New Year's resolution to lose weight. But since the results of that resolution are about as likely to change this year as a Canon 85mm f/1.2 lens magically appearing on my doorstep, I have been trying to think of something different for this year.

I find myself becoming more and more pessimistic about the world around me and it finally hit me (I'm a little slow sometimes, okay) that my bad attitude is only contributing to what I see as a world becoming more filled with negatives than positives. So instead of becoming more angry, my resolution this year is to find ways (small and large) to become more positive and hopefully have an impact on those around me.

Less road rage, less growling when I try to get off an elevator before people plow me down trying to get on, more smiling, a more positive role model for my son both in actions and words, using the gifts I have been given to help others not so fortunate, allowing my beliefs and faith to guide my decisions. You get the picture. Actually, it might be a harder resolution than losing weight when I really think about the changes I would like to make.

So why am I posting this here? Well, partially because I want to be "accountable" and putting it out where someone else can see it kind of does that for me. Second, my photography is one of thing things in my life that has brought me and my family and hopefully my clients a lot of joy and happy memories.

With that in mind, I want to use one of the gifts in my life to bring something positive to someone else this new year.

So I am going to have a little contest of sorts. My first, so hopefully I don't blow it with missing details or rules.

The Prize:

A one hour, on-location, photography session with me.
Custom edited images from session
Five 5x7 prints
A CD with the edited images with personal reproduction rights

The Rules:

Nominate yourself or someone you know who has overcome some sort of obstacle, someone who going through a difficult time, or someone who is doing something positive to help others. (Individuals or groups up to 5 only please as nominees) by posting in the comments section with YOUR New Year's resolution for this year (it does not have to be related to your nomination).

Email me jenniferdotderyatgmaildotcom with your nomination. Include the person(s) name you are nominating, a short description of why you are nominating them and contact information for the nominated person/people (including an email address). Also indicate which comment on my blog belongs to you (your resolution).

The winner must be willing to share their story on the blog as well as a few pictures from the session (the privacy of the winner will be respected and the story I will post may be reviewed/modified by the winner before it is published).

Session must be local (Lansing, MI) and must take place before December 31, 2008. Scheduling is subject to availability. (Sorry, I have a "day job" and a son and husband that limit my photography schedule for sessions.)

Nominations must be received by email by January 10th at midnight EST. A blog comment with your resolution must be made by this deadline as well or your nomination will not be considered.

The "unbiased" selection process of a winner will be determined depending on the number of nominations. More details to follow. The only thing I know is that I won't personally select the winner.

Tell your friends and family! Everyone is welcome to enter!

Rules are subject to change! (I hope they won't, but I am sure I forgot something!)






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Can't wait to see the results of this!!

Erin said...

Hi Jennifer,

I emailed you my nomination...My resolution is to stop worrying so much, esp about money!

Erin

Anonymous said...

I will be emailing my nomination shortly.

My resolution is to find a great job that will not wreak havoc on my family. I also resolve to lose 5 pounds by January 31st.

Anne said...

I'm just posting to let you know that you said GRRRR and NO several times in our conversation today... heh hem... ;-) Don't worry, you can only get better from here!! I love you... does that make you smile?

For obstacles.. I would nominate you, but that kinda defeats the purpose right? So, I'm nominating Samantha.. I'll email you the story.

Anne said...

oopsies.. just noticed it has to be in Lansing... nevermind... I thought I could get you to drive to Terre Haute! ;-)