Sunday, October 7, 2007

Erin + Nick

Today was a fun (hot and humid) day with Erin and Nick roaming around my hometown of Jackson, Michigan. I have never shot there, so it was fun to try some different locations and it was a half-way meeting point for everyone so it worked out perfectly.

The park where I wanted to start the session had a big Fall Festival today so we jumped in my car and headed downtown first. I am not sure what Erin and Nick thought of roaming back alleys, climbing run-down fire escapes and climbing over garbage dumpsters, but I think they made for some really cool shots. I hope they agree. Then we headed back to the park for a few shots that well.... parents might be willing to frame as an engagement picture of their children.

I am going to be without my editing computer for a couple days and I am adding several sessions to edit to my "pile" this week. I may not get around to a slideshow for Erin and Nick, so I hope they will enjoy a post with more pictures than usual for a sneak peek post.



A friend, Nicole, whom I have met through the world of photography does a lot of her sessions downtown Jackson. I meant to email her and ask her where the 'star wall' was that she has in some of her photos, but I forgot. So today, as we were in the alley in the above shot, I see another photographer doing a portrait session. I think to myself..that must be her (even though I couldn't see her face). Since we have never met in person, I restrained from interrupting her session and we went on to the next alley. As we are walking back to my car, I see the 'star wall' and also see the same photographer now shooting in front of the wall. I couldn't help it.. "Are you the famous Nicole?" She turned and I think thought I was a lunatic. I formally introduced myself and we had a good laugh over such a random meeting. If you look closely, you can see her in the alley across the street in the picture above ;-)

Here's the 'star wall'.


7 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHA!! It was so nice to run into you! I love that I appear in your pictures LOL! I DO remember seeing you walk by quite a few times when I was next to Darryl's!

I love the pictures!!! I really like your perspective with the fire escape and the ivy wall... very cool! Its neat to see someone else's ideas in the same locations I use. Awesome!

I'll have to email you a few of my pics from my session today. I don't have a model release for them to show on my blog (BOO HOO cause I got some great images!). The girls I was shooting were kids I had nannied for since the youngest was about 1. So, luckily I got my hands on them without their mom around to make the session harder. Kids act so much better when their parents aren't around :)

abbyrosephoto said...

great session! Love that star wall ;-)

Erin said...

Hey Jen-thanks so much for getting these up so quickly! We both really like them, and have a few favorites already, so I can't wait to see the rest! Nick just kept saying 'Basically, she's just awesome,' when we were talking about the photos, so you definitely got the thumbs up from him, and me too! It was great meeting you, and we're so excited that you'll be photographing our wedding.

Lisa Walsh said...

These are wonderful! I'm dying to know if the police car is his, or did you just "borrow" it while walking around downtown?

I love the one of them through the window panes, and the one after it with the flare...the blue star wall is cool too!

sticky said...

Nice smokin' E-session. I love it! Being a former resident of Grand Rapids, I am sure that it is getting pretty beautiful up there around now.

TwoRing said...

Great Session! Don't you love when you get to work with new scenery!

Jen said...

Hey thanks for the blog luv everyone! You guys made my day!