Saturday, October 6, 2007

Deck Mommy Deck!

Like clockwork, we round the corner into our subdivision and this is what I hear from the backseat every day.

My dad can do ANYTHING! Seriously, I am not sure that there is any project he couldn't tackle..and perfect...if you asked him. No plumbing experience...no problem, he ran copper plumbing through our basement so we didn't have to pay sewage on the water we use to water our lawn. This past Easter, we received a card from my parents with a gift certificate inside for a "deck". We have been in our house for over 3 years and our back sliding glass door still dropped off into the great abyss of our backyard, so we have been itching for a deck. I assumed that meant he was going to hire someone to build it...but no, he was going to do it himself in the dead of summer. Not only is the deck awesome, but having him up here working on it a couple days a week for the past several weeks has brought our son much joy. I think he thinks Pappa lives with us!

So, I still have to take some shots of the deck itself, but here's a few of our son's tent on the deck the other night with dad, reading books, watching the sun go down and peeking out the top of the tent to see all the neighbors pass by on the street.

And those streaks and spots...not on my lens or sensor...the shots are taken through my incredibly spotted and streaky, fingerprinted sliding glass door.

Thanks for the deck Dad! We love you!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! When is the first deck party?

Jen said...

Ha! As soon as we have someone deliver the furniture ;-) If you guys bring the truck over loaded...we'll supply the party!

Lisa Walsh said...

Does your Dad need another daughter? One in NY maybe? I will let him cool off in the pool every afternoon if he builds me one, too!

Jen said...

I'll tell ya what Lisa! I will convince my dad to come to NY to build you a deck if you agree to watch my son for the next...say...few years!

Lisa Walsh said...

Uh oh...is he being naughty??