Friday, October 3, 2008

It's here...and it's lovely

Blogger and I are going to have it out! It ate another 3 paragraph entry and I am so behind, I just don't have the time to retype it. So, here's another post with modified narration (oh good, some of you are thinking).

New album company...sample order arrived yesterday. Plain white corrugated box, nothing fancy, but the company promotes "green packaging".

Photobucket

More "green" packaging...but a little nicer than the outer box.



Photobucket


They offer a ton of cover fabrics, even two tone and image inserts. The red is really nice, bright and fun but not obnoxious. I didn't want to order black ;-)


Photobucket


They offer rounded or square spines.

Photobucket



Rounded cover corner and just a very slightly rounded edge of the pages, they almost look square.

Photobucket


Nice texture on the leather.

Photobucket


Inside the cover.


Photobucket


Pages are thick and sturdy and you can sort of see the slightly rounded edges.

Photobucket


For best results, they recommend the first page start on the right and not be a spread.

Photobucket


A spread to show the gutter when the image doesn't cross the middle of the book.

Photobucket


A sample spread to show the small gutter.

Photobucket


Final single sided page.

Photobucket

How they mark their studio samples.

Photobucket


I also purchased one of their self-mount albums which has folded pages and a square spine. More images to come.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it! Where is it from?

Keep bugging me... we NEED to get together soon. I swear life is too busy... know how to add more hours in the day? Days in the week? Weeks in the month?

I want to hang out soon!

Rebekah said...

OH how I wish I could see it in person!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Looks nice. I'm trying to guess where it's from, too.

Jen said...

Thanks guys...it is a Finao ONE album.

Anonymous said...

look at you, makin' albums!! lookin' good gal!