Saturday, August 11, 2007

To post or not to post...that is the question.

I have learned over the years that I should never send emails after midnight. My brain just doesn't work properly and I often mistype things, get overly emotional about things or just plain don't make any sense. Since the birth of my son almost two years ago, I find that "after midnight" is just about the only quiet time I have, so I have had to reconsider the things I do after midnight.

Since I am on break between terms (I teach human anatomy in case you were dying to know.), I pretty much spend from 9pm-2am editing pictures from weddings and portrait sessions. Yes, I shoot way too many images and spend way too much time editing them.

So I am working on the bazillion images from Staci and Jason's wedding tonight and I came across two that just made me laugh out loud and I want to post them. Fortunately there is a small part of my brain still working at 2am asking me 1) Would anyone else think they are funny besides you? 2) Are they appropriate to post? Not so much that they are inappropriate, they are totally "G" rated, but I am not sure if Staci and Jason would like them.

So...I am going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. I'll apologize in advance to Staci and Jason since there is a 99% chance I will post them, even if I figure out ONLY I would think they are funny.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

OH thank God I'm not the only one up until 2am! Seriously, in the last.... forever... I haven't gone to bed before 1am... usually its closer to 2am. ANd then I'm up at 7 or 8 if I'm lucky and P sleeps good. I have to stop replying to client emails that late too... I sent one client her gallery and I was having computer/calibration issues and I kid you not the email was a slur of words like "here.... gallery..... late... eyes burn.... head... hurts... color... monitor"
HAHA! Its hard to time manage when you work from home!! Thats seriously been THE hardest thing for me! That and dealing with some "pita" issues... kwim??? LOL

Jen said...

Thank goodness I am not alone! I won't tell you about my son and the playpen in the morning just so I can get some sleep since my son likes to wake up at least once a night screaming and totally wake me up where I can't fall back asleep.

I had to send an email 3X before I actually attached the attachment I told her would be with the first email. I was so embarrassed, I can't believe she still wanted to work with me ;-)

pita? kwim? Yep, we're traveling in the same boat ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments! Hard to believe it's been three years already!

Love to read your blog!