Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lansing Family Photography - The Hoag Family

I was sure the weather would foil our plans today for a family session with the wonderful Hoag family. Luckily it only started to drizzle after we wrapped-up. I had the pleasure of documenting Karen and Nick's wedding last summer and it was so great to see them again for a more casual session here in Lansing.

The kids were so fun and were up for almost anything and actually suggested some fun ideas themselves.

I still don't think I have recovered from the merry-go-round, but the shots were worth it, you'll have to trust me.

Thanks you guys! I hope you enjoy your sneak peek!

This should be a big canvas in their living room!

Yeah, get the dead-bolts on the doors now, the boys will be knocking down her door soon enough.





My favorite portraits of siblings are the ones just like this.


Awesome family!


This is what I imagine most days feel like with three children.


8 comments:

Karen said...

I just want to say that I love these...the kids are "stoked" to see more!

Thanks again Jen!

Your ability to take phenomenal pictures of children continues to amaze me. I am in awe.

Karen

Jen said...

Thanks for making my day Karen! The pleasure was mine ;-)

Unknown said...

I love them!!! Especially the first one - it definitely deserves a poster size. How did you do that?

Jen said...

Thanks Delia! I did it like I take all my pictures, hold the camera up in the air, not looking through the viewfinder and keep pressing the shutter. Okay, maybe I don't take all of my pictures that way, I did for the first one ;-)

Unknown said...

Haha! I thought you were going to say that you stood and balanced on the handlebars!! In any case, those are some beautiful images!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I wish I had pictures like this of our family.

Nicole said...

I love love love the first one and agree... it HAS to be large. Must.

AbraMichelle said...

Seriously, that last picture...perfect. Love the idea. Too, too funny. Another reason I am glad I stopped at one.