Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Nightmares

Someone recently asked me if I get nervous before photographing a wedding. Yes, I do! I get nervous before any photography job and almost anything else of any significance in my life ;-) It is just part of my personality but it does help me focus and prepare and double and triple check what needs to be done.

For example, in last night's wedding nightmare, I was at the front of the church as the bridal party and bride were getting ready to come down the aisle and I try to take a test shot with my camera...nothing! The shutter won't depress. I look at the back of my camera...no LCD screen. I had brought my film camera and it didn't have any film in it. I grab my second camera off my shoulder and take one test shot and look at the display and the CF card will only hold 1 image on it....total. And do I have another card on me...no. So I RUN to the back of the church as the flower girl starts down the aisle and a guest SCREAMS at me that I am missing a great shot. I grab the camera my second shooter is holding (Delia, is was you in case you are reading this) and RUN back to the front. By that time I had missed 2 of the bridesmaids. I hold up the camera and realize I don't really know how to use it because it is a Nikon! By that time, the cold sweat woke me up and eventually I fell asleep again.

A blog post really isn't a blog post without a picture. My son who hates it when I take his picture.