Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Starlight, Starbright....

A long, long time ago (no....not in a land far, far away), I worked for a non-profit called the Starbright Foundation, who created technology based, interactive programs for children with chronic medical conditions. I'm not sure on the details (I am guessing because of funding issues), at some point, Starbright merged with the Starlight Foundation, which is also a Los Angeles based non-profit (I always understood them to be more of a "Make a Wish" type organization for children with medical conditions...but I could be wrong).

Anyway...Colgate is having a contest where a hospital is given a Fun Center (games, movies, etc.)as a prize. Children's Hospital of Michigan is in the running (and currently winning, last I checked...but not by much).

Since my education is in medicine, I live in Michigan and I used to work for one of the organizations, I thought this was the perfect "non-photography" post for my blog.

The contest ends Feb. 29th, so don't delay...VOTE NOW!

Vote for Detroit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check! That is one more for the DET!