Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mandy + Nathan

Mandy, Nathan and I spent the afternoon wandering around Lansing today. They were up for anything...which is so fun for me as a photographer. I get to try different stuff, some works, some doesn't....but I think it is worth it for the things that do. These are my favorites from the session. Thanks for coming to Lansing guys! Enjoy your sneak peek!

p.s. to my photographer friends (or anyone else who cares)...some of these are my new lens in action. I love how "she" makes me break out of my "shoot it tight" rut that I get into.







7 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

You always find such interesting locations to shoot at. For example, where the heck did you find the red wall with "Love" written all over it? Makes me want to get some spray paint and start making some interesting locations of my own, lol. (Yes, I know the police frown upon it).

I like the shot with the clouds. Nice use of the new toy!

Jen said...

You crack me up Lisa! Thanks for the comments! Do you want me to take your mug shot in advance before you get arrested for vandalism?

That was a bench, who knows why it says love on it...I forgot read the rest of the writing ;-) I have actually taken pictures with it in it before and never noticed the words.

If I can find interesting things in Michigan...you should be able to find amazing stuff in New York! I think the "shadier" the location, the cooler the "stuff" around.

Anonymous said...

Definitely love the clouds shot :)

Lisa Walsh said...

Lol! Yes, I DO want you to take my mug shot before I get myself thrown in the slammer!

Once I was looking for an interesting grafitti wall and couldn't find one. The Husband works with JD's so I asked if he could take them out and have them make me one. I'm so bad!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I got to your blog through Nicole Barczak's photography blog. I just wanted to comment on how much I LOVE your photos! :)

Jen said...

Hi Ashley! Thanks for visiting and your kind words!

Anne said...

Love the clouds and the split wall... and I LOVE Mandy's ring!! I'm so storing that in my inspiration for my anniversary ring. ;-)