Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sophia


Expensive photography gear, nice weather, a touch of technical skill and a love of children still don't guarantee a great children's portrait session. As much as I try to make the sessions fun, almost like a play date, most children blow my cover when I pull out my big black camera and continue to point it at them for an hour or so.

It is one of the reasons that retail portrait studios AMAZE me. While most of them are not my personal style for children's portraiture, I cannot fathom having 15 minutes with a child and getting several shots where the child is looking at the camera and smiling! Anyone with a child knows you just can't make a child want to do anything they don't want to do, especially sit still, follow directions and smile all at the same time.

Sometimes luck is on my side.












7 comments:

TwoRing said...

These are adorable Jen!

I concur with your statement! I walk away from many child sessions thinking I got NO good shots because they are just ALL over the place but there are always some winners in there!

Hope all is well!
Jill

Lisa Walsh said...

And that's why I shoot weddings, lol! Kids are tough, but these are too stinkin' cute! GREAT job.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of the Grandpa"s and these are wonderful, especially the onw in the blue dress with those beautiful blue eyes.

Very nice!

Nicole Haley said...

These are gorgeous shots, Jen. Those eyes are just to die for! :D

abbyrosephoto said...

jen! long time no see ;-) great session. we must do lunch soon!!

Studio222 Photography said...

Her eyes are amazing and I love that tree decal on the wall!

Adam Green said...

Hey Jennifer,

Great shots! Andrea, Sophia and I are very happy and impressed with both the photos how nice you were to work with at our home. Anyway, thanks and we look forward to picking out our favorites.

Adam, Andrea and Sophia