Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mandy + Nathan

We had a wonderful start to the wedding season spending the day with Mandy and Nathan. They were surrounded by friends and family for a beautiful ceremony in at St. Michael in Grand Ledge and then a fun-filled reception at Royal Scot.


Here's a sneak peek for the bride and groom before they leave for Jamacia. Congratulations Mandy and Nathan! Have a wonderful time on your honeymoon!
Mandy's dress was gorgeous...especially the crystal details.


Sometimes the beautiful gowns are harder to get on they you would think!

And she had some SERIOUS shoes. They made my feet hurt just looking at them, but they were hot! And did I mention she had not one, but two pair (actually three), but here are the first two pair she wore (white for the ceremony and fuschia for the reception).




Mandy seeing her dad for the first time with her dress on.



His reaction (and mom's too).



Nathan's first glance as Mandy and her dad walk down the aisle.





Some fun candids after the ceremony. We had some serious "on-lookers" watching us.


A while back, I saw this incredible photo on another photographer's website. I think it was Kelly Moore of a bride standing still in a pool of awesome light with her bridesmaids moving around her in all directions, giving a great sense of tranquillity yet constrasted with the hustle of wedding preparations. I always wanted to attempt a similar shot, but I kept forgetting at weddings. More recently I saw an equally awesome shot on my friend Anne Ruthmann's website, so I wrote myself a note to give it a shot at my next wedding. Thanks Anne! I didn't get quite the "blur" I wanted, but I still think it is fun.
I love this one.
One for the paper.
The beautiful bride and handsome groom!



Royal Scot is also and golf course and bowling alley. So......how could I resist.

The wedding was on 4.19 in case this wasn't obvious ;-)







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen and John, Nathan and I couldnt have asked for better photographers for our wedding day!!! You were so much fun and made us feel so relaxed! YOU ARE AWESOME and we can't thank you enough!!! We love the sneak peek and can't wait to see the rest!

Mandy & Nathan

Anonymous said...

love it Jen! I love the old town shots! great job!

Lisa Walsh said...

Fun couple's ROCK! I LOVE the bowling shot!!

Anne said...

Hey lady! Thanks for the shout out! I also loooooooove the bowling shot!!!

Jen said...

Thanks everyone! Your comments made my day!