Sunday, August 16, 2009

East Lansing Wedding Photography - Catherine + Ben

We were honored to document Catherine and Ben's wedding yesterday. The ceremony took place at the MSU Alumi Chapel and the reception was at the MSU Union. The couple met at MSU so their venue choices were a perfect setting to celebrate their special day.

It was HOT yesterday but the bride, groom and entire wedding party were such good sports roaming around MSU campus for some fun candids. Catherine especially kept the spirit of the day in mind as several mishaps took place that would have gotten some brides down. Catherine kept a smile on her face and truly made the best of it.

Catherine and Ben have such a wonderful chemistry as well as an amazing group of family and friends, whose love and support were evident throughout the day.

I have a special place in my heart for Pronovia's wedding gowns, so when I saw this gorgeous one, I knew it would be a good day.


The flowers by Corinne at Sebesta Design were amazing!
The back of the wedding gown was equally as beautiful with the row of buttons.

Mirrors and light, yea!


Stunning!

Ben and Catherine opted for a first look in order to get all of the candids done before their evening ceremony. I like how you can see Ben's face in the reflection of the glass too.

Sunny roof top...bring on the flare...another yea!






The RIDE!

Courtesy of the groomsmen.







Back to the chapel to seal the deal!





And then to the MSU Union for the party!
Loved this cake!

So sad I forgot to sample one of these.


I really like when the wedding party gathers round the first dance.


Heartfelt and very funny toasts by the maid of honor and best man.



The couple's view.




An incredible band, featuring Royce the Voice, kept the dance floor packed from the first song.



A final goodnight. I love this shot.


Congratulations Ben and Catherine! I hope you enjoy your sneak peek and that you have a wonderful honeymoon in Arizona!

5 comments:

Ben Wilensky said...

Phenomenal! Catherine and I _love_ the pictures, and it was such a pleasure to work with you. Thank you so much.

TwoRing said...

Beautiful job Jen. I'm surprised I didn't see you. I was at Alumni and around campus at the same time! AND Corinne did the flowers for the wedding I photographed too. Love her!
Hope you are having a great season!

abbyrose said...

hey jen! gorgeous images - I especially love that last nighttime shot - it's begging to be a big canvas! Also love those b/w getting ready shots.

ALSO - can we please hang out soon?! this is seriously ridiculous how long it's been! come to A2 already lady!

Pamela Telgenhoff said...

Great work!!!

Becka @Studio222 Photography said...

Love that ring... and the ride ;)